Thursday, July 14, 2011

You can't always get what you want

I've been meaning to share this since over a month. But, somehow I kept trying to come up with some deep philosophical way of penning it down. Thought this post should move the readers, make them think, ponder, introspect, want to buy me things. But, eventually I just couldn't come up with a concrete way to write this; so, I'm gonna wing it!

You can't always get what you want is one of the classics by The Rolling Stones, a band that I always knew of, but didn't really follow until I heard this song. I first heard it on a TV show, a slightly out-of-sync cover by an upcoming musician. His vocals aside, the songs struck a cord with me (excuse the pun). Eventually, I got myself the CD, the song found its way to my regular playlists & even now, I'm so enamored by it, I want the song to be played at my funeral. Sorry to sound utterly morbid, but I'm quite serious about it. When I do pass on, I'd rather have this song playing that I have chosen rather than some random stuff that's supposed to put my soul to peace. Something that I practiced and advocated should obviously occupy a central place on such a momentous day. Plus, I always find it easier to celebrate someone's life than mourn their passing. But, I digress. 

The song weaves together so many emotions & experiences; and the second line, 'But you may find that if you try sometimes, you get what you need' sums it all for me. You need to keep pushing, persevering without worrying too much about the outcome. Strive to do well, not just to check another thing off your list. 

I want an easier internship, I need my signatures, I'm gonna get a shitload of work tomorrow morning. 
Can anyone come up with a more profound analogy? 


1 comment: